1. Come on then lets get a list of names down for who's got this so we can start partying up and get some private matched going. http://www.vgforums.co.uk/threads/cod-ww2-ps4-role-call.10312/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
New!! Join User Group option added. Head over the this thread to see more information and instructions on how to join - http://www.vgforums.co.uk/community/threads/join-user-group-mod.6449/

Wireless adapters?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Sherlock, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Need to put a wireless adapter in my PC. Was wondering if anyone has any experience with the USB adapters and if they work well or do I need something more, like a full-fledged PCI slot adapter? Thanks.

2. Is the wireless adapter to make up for not having your broadband router close to your pc?

if so then have a look at homeplugs use them for my ps3 and have a extra one which I switch with use between my pc and for connor when he stays with his ps3.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-PA4010KIT-Powerline-Adapter-Starter/dp/B00AWRUICG/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_1/185-5702806-4182569" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-PA4010 ... 06-4182569</a>

I have a belkin wireless dongle and it suffers connection wise when there is more devices added to the network ps3, laptop etc since using the plugs have had no issues and get a steady internet speed.

3. Yes. My router is upstairs and my PS3 and computer are downstairs.

These are about on par with the prices of a PCI port card, so this seems like a pretty good solution. So I put one of these in the room with the router and the other downstairs in the room with the other devices?

4. Yep pair them up I have them they are brillinat

5. That's all I need to hear. Will order today. Thanks folks.

6. Yup, best solution Sherls. I have some feeding the PC upstairs and they work very well. Not quite as fast as a proper wired connection but better and more stable than wireless. If you can though try not to plug them in to a plug extension socket and go directly into the wall socket if you can as sometimes they can be abit temperamental.

7. So has anybody ever had any problems with this? I set it up today and its very plug and play... except its not working. They're both plugged into a wall outlet, all the lights are on, my adapter and computer both have the lights on with the connection. There really isn't any troubleshooting for this because its supposed to be easy. The only error I'm getting is after I installed the utility disk its telling me there's still no driver on the computer? Makes no sense. Help.

8. Do you have a different electrical circuit on both Sockets?

9. I don't but I got it to work. Bizarre. Third time going through the whole process after starting over worked. Everything seems fine. I'll let you know if anything else goes wrong.

10. Hmm the homeplugs I have bought have not required drivers or software.

I have used them to link my pc/ps3 to broadband, in work to network epos terminals and test lines in about 4/5 customer sites.

Do your test local in one room router and device to link to it (laptop, pc, ps3).

Hold down the button on one homeplug for 5 seconds, then go to the next and press the button on the other for the same.

Depending on model you should get three lights showing, hold in for anymore than 5 I think it resets the plug.

Once you get it going in one room you should then be able to take the device to any socket and use your broadband.

Do you have a link to the plugs you bought?

11. Same link as above that you gave, Tam.

Everything still in order as of today. I'm going to write this off as a fluke I guess.

12. So I went an entire year and a half without any issues. Then today my provides send me a new router so I have to reset everything and here I am again with the same mystery problem as before and trying everything and this time, nothing seems to be working. The stupid thing is that all the lights are on properly on each of the adapters. I don't even know where to begin at this point.

13. Hi tony,

I wouldn't think you would have to do anything to the homeplugs in order for them to work with the new router.

Keep tests local in the same room and I would try and reset each homeplug then set them back up again, it might be the router is broadcasting something different the homeplugs aren't picking up.

I am still on my original ones as well and have only had to reset once due to moving into a new house, other than that they sit in the socket and do their thing.

14. Yeah this is frustrating. But the internet tells me I'm not the only one going through this. There's something screwy going on.

I'm going to try again tonight and see what happens.

15. Once again after simply futzing with it and trying to figure out something, switching what room each is in, it starts working. The adapters couldn't find each other even in the same room for a bit, so I assume this is just some sort of a hardware problem. I guess its back to online again!

• Like Like x 1