1. Come on then lets get a list of names down for who's got this so we can start partying up and get some private matched going. http://www.vgforums.co.uk/threads/cod-ww2-ps4-role-call.10312/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
New!! Join User Group option added. Head over the this thread to see more information and instructions on how to join - http://www.vgforums.co.uk/community/threads/join-user-group-mod.6449/

Why isn't nobody using chat in battlefield 4 PS4? May change

Discussion in 'Battlefield' started by eportdave, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Hi.
    I recently changed from Xbox 360 to PS4. On the 360 i used to play BF3 a lot and would always hear other players talking on the VoIP. This was great as we could use team work to win the game and meet new online players.
    Now, I have changed to PS4 and I play battlefield 4. I have played about 36 hours and i have literally talked to 2 people on there. The rest of the time it is quite. I know people join chat parties but surely not everyone? I am seriously considering on selling my PS4 and buying a Xbox one as the chat feature is important for me while playing online.
    Or is it the same on Xbox one with nobody taking?
    Anyone else had similar issues?

2. Re: Why isn't nobody using chat in battlefield 4 PS4? May ch

It maybe that a lot of ps users are using party chat mainly. To be honest it's all I've used since getting the ps4. I'm guessing as it's a new feature for us that it gets used a lot.

3. Re: Why isn't nobody using chat in battlefield 4 PS4? May ch

There a few guys on here have both consoles so should be about to tell us if this is the case.

But when I used to play COD on the ps3 having the global chat was good and made for some interesting banter with randoms around the world.

4. Re: Why isn't nobody using chat in battlefield 4 PS4? May ch

thats what i want. i had the on the 360, and might see if its the same on the one.

5. Re: Why isn't nobody using chat in battlefield 4 PS4? May ch

Battlefield is the cause of this, not the PS4. Due to the fact DICE have removed team chat from the game, and also made it harder to join a squad with your friends, people wanting to communicate with their friends will find using the PS4's party chat a far more appealing option than BF4's squad chat. I suspect you'd encounter the same issue playing BF4 on the XBone.

6. Re: Why isn't nobody using chat in battlefield 4 PS4? May ch

As above it's due to the PS4 has party chat when the PS3 didn't, so mostly I guess people are in party chat when playing with friends and as Weaver says DICE have really fucked up the social aspect of BF4. This would be the same on the XB1 BF4 wise.

Whilst I have only played Titanfall a few times, nearly every game i have played when i wasnt in a party has had a fair few people chatting in it publicly.

7. I've noticed the same thing. I've tried to engage people in squad chat and they don't respond. It's quite frustrating when trying to play solo.

If anyone wants to party up (or squad up), hit me up on psn: drifterhawkk