upgrade to windows 10?

Lordofgames

its free atm, worth it?

or i gonna get compatibility issues with older games i playetc

and will it wipe my hard drive clean when i upgrade? i would need to reinstall all my sotware and games like steam and origin etc

Bartell

Global Moderator
its free atm, worth it?

or i gonna get compatibility issues with older games i playetc

and will it wipe my hard drive clean when i upgrade? i would need to reinstall all my sotware and games like steam and origin etc
It's a windows upgrade. It keeps all user files. I backed mine up and did a fresh install tho just for peace of mind.

There's a system check. It tells you if.your system can handle it. I'd recommend running that

Lordofgames

also if i install it then want to reinstall windows after july when free offer expires will it allow me to or i wont be able to install again after june?

Bartell

Global Moderator
also if i install it then want to reinstall windows after july when free offer expires will it allow me to or i wont be able to install again after june?
Windows 10 is still windows. I assume you mean reinstall windows 7? You do get the option to go back to 7 (or 8.1 depending on what you had previous) if you got back on old and the free offer expires I guess if you went to do it again you'd get charged.

Lordofgames

What i mean is sometimes i like to tidy my pc and just do a clean install of windows.

Atm i have free offer to upgrade to win 10 but its online not a dvd i assume?

So what im saying is, say i decide in August or after to clean my pc and reinstall windows i will only have my win 7 dvd. So i wont be able to change into win10 again?

clumsy

Not sure why you'd need to completely wipe your hard drive that much. Must be some disgusting pr0n on then to go to those lengths.

Just upgrade and be done with it. Win7 drops out of any sort of support soon and Win10 is miles better (imho) than Win8 ever was.

Lordofgames

lol i just sometimes end up with so many pop up ads, extra silly software downloaded and drivers stop working right.

I feel good to reinstall all windows again but u think that just clearing bits out one by one as effective?

I think ill go for win 10 then, sure my games will still work after i upgrade? or ill need reinstall?

ODB

Global Moderator
lol i just sometimes end up with so many pop up ads, extra silly software downloaded and drivers stop working right.

I feel good to reinstall all windows again but u think that just clearing bits out one by one as effective?

I think ill go for win 10 then, sure my games will still work after i upgrade? or ill need reinstall?
Apart from some compatibility issues yeah they'll work