1. Come on then lets get a list of names down for who's got this so we can start partying up and get some private matched going. http://www.vgforums.co.uk/threads/cod-ww2-ps4-role-call.10312/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
New!! Join User Group option added. Head over the this thread to see more information and instructions on how to join - http://www.vgforums.co.uk/community/threads/join-user-group-mod.6449/

Planetside2

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by VillanUK, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Ok peeps, a thread for this.

PlanetSide 2 is a free-to-play massively multiplayer online first person shooter (MMOFPS) published by Sony. Of course you can pay to increase your kit etc, but ranking up will get extra kit.

Im no expert on this but im sure this thread is where we can pool our knowlage, or lack of it. :rotfl:

1. You need to choose a clan, so choose VS ( Vanu Sovereignty) I belive they are the best out of the 3, but we can all party up as well.

2. I've finished downloading it mate so I'll be on whenever, just been on civ 5 I'm clueless on how to play it lol, think I'll get far cry 3 and total war shogun

3. should be on in a bit, just watching africa with the misses. Shogan is good, played over 35 hours. FC3, Will be with me in the next day or to. i will,go on mumble, we are going to need the coms lol.

4. I'm crap, just warning you :p

5. Man, so am i but learning more where not to spawn and dont jump into a frag fight with just a gun, or your fooked. Until i get a pad for flying i just be a wing gunner, so taking a back seat role is helping.. Tried the cod attitude and died like a cod run and gunner...

6. Just incase we want to party up.

Im on the Briggs server AU. on VS ( thats the faction )

7. Sorry I haven't been on lately I wa waiting for my monitor, got it now so I should be on regularly if your up for some ps2

8. No worrys buds. i wasnt in much last week due to work, but had a few games today. its still a game i love and hate but getting more adept at it now.

9. I'm gunna get some practice in cos I'm crap, we'll have to have a night were a few of us play

I'm ordering a Bluetooth dongle on Friday so I can use my xp500s on my pc

10. Nice :thumb:

Well i will be around certainly thursday night, and should be on wensday to.

What i have figured so far.

Use the tanks. Be a machanic, helps when you get damaged and great for extra certs.
    Becarefull where spawn.
    Try and not go solo.
    Dont go running around in a battle, you will die. Get into a tank etc or on a turret.

11. just been on got a couple kills then disconnected and it froze my pc :s

12. Fuck me Pink you don't have much luck what with your PC and PS3. Lol

13. Haha I know :p

Everythings working fine except steam

I'll get on tomorrow villan if your about, sorry about this

14. hI buds, my misses is away today, so yup a hole night gaming is for me..

Let me know if your having issues with the game.. <a class="postlink" href="http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?forums/general-technical-support.29/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/inde ... upport.29/</a>

15. Well im on TR - server Millar.

16. Had a quick go last night, seems ok. Reminded me a bit of halo tbh

17. Put the last 12 hours of my game time into this and really enjoying it. Its weird because Ive probably had this installed about 4 times and a quick go here and there just didn't do it for me.

However, I put a considerable number of hours into my first proper session and actually learned how to play the game and it instantly became awesome. Its not what I'd call a user friendly game as it has a slightly higher learning curve, especially for a FPS. Basically its worth learning,m getting into the thick of it and going from there, it probably took me around 3 hours before things started to come together and I wasn't just following the masses.

Definitely a game that rewards communication and tactics, no Rambo runs in this game, loving it! :)

18. right...trying to play this but cant. How on earth do I enable gamepad? Do I have to map each key?

19. Might give this a whirl. Gaming time is seriously squeezed these days and when i do get on it's more on the PC as i stupidly put the PS3 in the lounge.

Is it still possible to start now and not be smashed by everyone? Lots of spawn killing?

20. Most definitely!

its not a game that richly awards you over time, so you can enjoy it first day. Expect to have some confusion on what to do and where to go but give it some time and you will understand it, jumping into solo, small, large scale battles pending how much time you have and mood.

I've put around a hundred hours or so into this and its still hugely enjoyable, and I'm not even in a clan and have no regular friends that I play it with.