1. Come on then lets get a list of names down for who's got this so we can start partying up and get some private matched going. http://www.vgforums.co.uk/threads/cod-ww2-ps4-role-call.10312/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
New!! Join User Group option added. Head over the this thread to see more information and instructions on how to join - http://www.vgforums.co.uk/community/threads/join-user-group-mod.6449/

Movies so hard to watch now

Discussion in 'Film,TV & Music' started by Lordofgames, May 20, 2016.

1. ANyone relate to this? I just find trying to sit through a movie so tedious, I just get urges to game really.

For example, why watch indiana jones or tomb raider movies etc..When you could play uncharted which gives u as good a movie/story and with all the same action and puzzles BUT you can be involved in it.

Really hard to sit and patiently watch a movie for me these days. ANd i was a 2-3 movies a day guy when younger.

Now id just rather game...

2. Totally I couldn't watch alien again after playing Isolation because I could feel the fear more playing the game, chest burst scene gave me nothing after that.

This was also the same for need for speed, I felt more behind the wheel and feeling of speed in the game, than I could ever do with the movie.

This is the reason why I don't think I'll be able to sit through fassbenders assassins creed film, why sit for nearly 2 hours watching him play assassin when I could be one.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. sarcasm detector blew its fuse their.

I just get resltess, and yeh id rather role play as enzio than watch the movie. maybe just wtachjing poor movies of late haha.

I find the action movies id rather game, its same thing but one u watch the action the other u involved in the action.

whereas a good drama cant compare so much to gaming. Recently i watched a relatively old Jake Gllynahll movie I think called source code? I was gripped and enjoyed until end...same as Jack Reacher

So i take back what i say overall but i think that unless its a gripping movie im more inclined to just bang on my ps4, see whos online, play some fifa or w/e..its more social and 24/7...

Even sometimes ill be trying to play single player but get mates txt me to play cod or clubs etc...so i think thats a big thing also.

Defo more picky now though as when young id watch any old movie just for sake off it now i know i got so many other options that i wont tolerate a bad movie.

damn ive watched the start of avatar about 5 times now and twice in 3d but after falling asleep most time after 30mins the other times i just gave up...if movies not pulling me in 30min or so its going off

4. No I think I levelled it out a little replying with another contradicting thread...

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. So, just to be clear.

Post 1: Can't watch movies, would rather game.

Post 3: Literally take back what you say in Post 1.

That's a record even for you.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. not take back but adjust lol

7. So you have the attention span of a goldfish, who'd have guessed?

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. yeh but i never used to lol...

9. tbh I was thinking about this again.

And its just a personal thing, id rather game in my free time than watch a movie which is a shame as so many great movies out there (on my HDD) hehe

10. I try to balance my time between TV shows/movies and gaming so I don't get too bored of one

Just need to find the right balance IMO

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yeah I went completely the way of gaming for a bit and have now dialled back to include more movies - cinema as well as Netflix etc.

As others have said good to get a balance.

• Like Like x 1
  12. problem for me is time commitment.

A movie is 90-120mins long and id rather watch in one sitting.

Whereas with a game I can play fifa 2-3 games 20-30min then put on bf1 30mins, maybe check the net then go back and put on a single player like Tomb Raider 30mins, take a break, some more bf1 etc....that's what I usually do.

Now when I put a movie on after 30min or so I get restless..so many movies ive only watched 30mins haha....