1. Come on then lets get a list of names down for who's got this so we can start partying up and get some private matched going. http://www.vgforums.co.uk/threads/cod-ww2-ps4-role-call.10312/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
New!! Join User Group option added. Head over the this thread to see more information and instructions on how to join - http://www.vgforums.co.uk/community/threads/join-user-group-mod.6449/

Max/Min Draft Picks

Discussion in 'VGFL - Sim Madden League' started by dwevans, May 1, 2018.

?

Should we intoduce max/min draft pick limits?

Poll closed May 8, 2018.
  1. Yes

14 vote(s)
    77.8%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. Should we have max & minimum limits on draft picks?

The most a team has ever had in real life is 14 in one draft and I feel this should be our upper limit. Having more than this is very unrealistic as draft picks are designed to all stay on your roster as they by default come with 4 year contracts.

Equally I feel we should have a lower limit of 4 so that teams aren't dessimated of draft picks when an owner decides to leave.

I feel teams should have at least one pick in the first 3 rounds and a maximum of 3 picks in any one round.

2. I say leave it to market forces. If a team has a lot, it cuz they have gave assets away etc

3. Voted yes in general but wouldn't be that keen on dictating when those pick should be.

4. If we could guarantee all 32 users never quitting I could maybe agree with you but we can't and we can't leave future owners in the lurch. However I probably couldn't because it happens so rarely in the NFL. I haven't just made a number up. 14 is the most there has ever been.

5. In addition, appreciation of the value of draft picks with respect to your salary cap is sometimes lacking, and teams can get in significant cap trouble always relying on FA. Again this helps to protect players from really bad decisions. Bad decisions are allowed but newbish ones I would hope we would try and avoid as that just feels like it's taking advantage.