1. Come on then lets get a list of names down for who's got this so we can start partying up and get some private matched going. http://www.vgforums.co.uk/threads/cod-ww2-ps4-role-call.10312/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
New!! Join User Group option added. Head over the this thread to see more information and instructions on how to join - http://www.vgforums.co.uk/community/threads/join-user-group-mod.6449/

Intra-Divisional Trades

Discussion in 'VGFL - Sim Madden League' started by dwevans, May 1, 2018.

?

Should direct trades within divisions be banned?

Poll closed May 8, 2018.
  1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    70.6%
  1. I want to get some votes on a few topics. The first is regarding trades within the division. I feel the league is moving nicely in a more sim direction and some good rivalries are developing within the divisions.

With that in mind do people think intra-divisional trades should be allowed or banned? They very very rarely happen in real life and there are 28 other teams you can still potentially trade with. They happen so infrequently in real life that I feel they should be banned completely as direct trades.

I will hold my hands up and admit I have traded with the Dolphins for Suh in the past and I agree this wasn't particularly sim in retrospect.

The recent trade up for the first pick was a unique scenario where 2 division rivals wanted the top pick and a 3rd division rival had it. I had to involve a 3rd party to indirectly facilitate. I wouldn't trade directly with MIA before anyone calls me a hypocrite. :D

Comments welcome below but let's keep things polite and sensible.

2. I like the Idea but don’t think it should be banned IMO, because if a rival was offering you a good price for a player you no longer want (and no other teams are interested) then you’d probably just trade. Maybe before a trade is mad between the two, you could see if any other non rival team would like to make an offer

3. Strangely I kinda of agree with @Readie_8 TBH I dont think you can outlaw this 100%

Agreed they are rare and can be assessed on an individual basis I feel. I think there are situations when even when its an divisional trade the relevance of impact of the player may negate the fact its a divisional trade. If its SS starter then you'd argue there would be interest from elsewhere in the league to suggest the player should not be traded to a divisional rival

4. My only fear is by not setting a firm boundary in place it possibly encourages it to happen.

With owner turnover and owners not necessarily supporting the team they are controlling their sense of rivalry isn't quite the same and unrealistic trades could happen.

A team would very very rarely send a future pick to a rival as your failure benefits them even more so the downside is magnified.

5. I get your point

Can I offer a possible suggestion - in the calculator you added final season and trade deadline modifiers already, can you add a divisional trade option? Maybe can add a modifier on values so then it becomes inflated and less appealing for the teams?

6. I don’t think it should be banned. At the end both teams will be happy if they agreed to it not like they being forced into it

7. I agree with @Vinay gogana owners are already aware that they are potentially making a rival stronger and will have to face that player twice a season. If they are willing to assume that risk then I wouldnt stand in their way with a rule

8. I think its ok..
    Np with rivality

9. I wouldn't ban it, but hell mend someone strengthening their rival.

10. Not be banned, but not encouraged.