1. Come on then lets get a list of names down for who's got this so we can start partying up and get some private matched going. http://www.vgforums.co.uk/threads/cod-ww2-ps4-role-call.10312/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
New!! Join User Group option added. Head over the this thread to see more information and instructions on how to join - http://www.vgforums.co.uk/community/threads/join-user-group-mod.6449/

How to share Steam library with Friends and Family

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by RiSKOSD, May 28, 2014.

1. You can share your games library with up to 10 friends or family members.

Sharing Steam games isn't as easy as just clicking a share button, unfortunately. Your friend will initially need to log into Steam on your PC to enable the sharing process.

Here's a step-by-step guide on how to enable the Steam sharing function.

Note: A shared Steam Library may only be accessed by one user at a time. What this means is that two users cannot use the same Library to play two different games at the same time.

Step 1: Launch Steam on your computer and have a friend log in to their account. After they try logging in, they will be prompted to enter a Steam verification code (sent to them via email). Once you enter the verification code, your PC will be granted access to their Steam account.

[​IMG]

Step 2: Click on the Steam tab and click Exit to log out your friend.

[​IMG]

Step 3: Re-launch Steam and log in to your account and click on the Steam tab and then click on Settings.

[​IMG]

Step 4: Click on the Family tab and the accounts you can authorize (your friend's, for instance) will be listed below in the Authorized Accounts column. Go ahead and authorize their account.

[​IMG]

Step 5: When your friend launches Steam on their computer, your games will show up at the bottom of their library. Note: Only the games you don't already own between you and your friend will be displayed here.

[​IMG]

If you’re playing a game that belongs to a friend, that title will have its own independent cloud save and achievements for each account so you won't have to worry about your friends overwriting your personal saved data if using a cloud save.

Also if your friend is playing a game that you want to play, you can simply boot them out.

2. Let's have a go tonight Risk, I do have my daughter on it already but that's same PC (not that she bothers and just plays on mine!)

3. This looks interesting when I get mine up and running I'll give you a shout

4. Tried and failed with Sway on this last night. No idea why, he logged in as me, me as him. Authorised him to access but he can't see my library. Any ideas?

5. How are you trying to do the sharing are you using any software to remotely access the machine?

I have only tried it on the same network with different machines and it works fine.

6. I may have been on a VPN. My IP address listed Greenwich!!

7. Just via IE (Assuming Sway on IE also)

8. Chrome.

9. Did you use a program like Teamviewer to authorise the machine?

I think that the first authorisation needs to be from the same computer/ip so you either have to give out your password or use a program to remotely access the other machine.

10. No, we just swapped details and logged in as each other

11. It seems the way you did it should work ok. Has Swayndo got one of the filters hiding your games? Or does he have to authorise himself to share your account.

12. Pretty sure it'll be me right enough. Will have another look tonight.