1. Come on then lets get a list of names down for who's got this so we can start partying up and get some private matched going. http://www.vgforums.co.uk/threads/cod-ww2-ps4-role-call.10312/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
New!! Join User Group option added. Head over the this thread to see more information and instructions on how to join - http://www.vgforums.co.uk/community/threads/join-user-group-mod.6449/

Dark Souls (mini Review)

Discussion in 'Gaming Reviews' started by ynneBenny, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Dark Souls drops you in it from the start. You begin your journey in a cell with a broken sword….just a hilt of a sword to defend yourself with (if you choose Knight as your starting character – there are a few choices). After fumbling around the “tutorial” part, you face your first Boss…….and you die…….a lot……. until you work out some kind of tactic. Once you beat this Boss you are dropped into the central part of the world – Firelink Shrine – where you can venture out down different paths to inevitably die….. a lot more……while you work out where you have to go.

Dark Souls has a loose story with a few NPC’s dotted about to give you small bits of info to try and help you get what the hell is going on and what you need to do. But this adds to the already bewilderd and lonely feeling you should get in this world of hurt. Don’t expect loads of cut scenes and storytelling….it’s all about the action….and dying.

If you are looking for a tough venture in a medievilish world, where you face an excellent variety of enemies, huge terrifying bosses, and have to think about your approach to beating them – this is for you.

There’s magic, miracles, pyromancy, melee depending on the way you want to build character. Upgrades for weapons, shields and armour. There’s a lot to do in this game.

You are either Alive or Hollow (dead) which affects a few things. Mostly the online. Being Alive allows you to summon other players who will help you with finding your way through an area or defeating a Boss…….but it also leaves you open to being invaded and risk being battered. It’s fun invading other players and hunting them down. It’s not so fun to summon someone, then get invaded and hacked down yards from the boss area :lol:

I could spend ages waffling on about this game, but unless you have played it or Demons souls, there’s not a lot of point. Read one of the reviews for this game on another website as they are all good.

9/10 for me......actually I'd give it 10/10 because it's taken over my life ha ha!!

2. Moved to gaming reviews

Nice work mate...not an RPG fan but I fancy trying this

3. Cheers ynnebenny. Nice mini review.