1. Come on then lets get a list of names down for who's got this so we can start partying up and get some private matched going. http://www.vgforums.co.uk/threads/cod-ww2-ps4-role-call.10312/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
New!! Join User Group option added. Head over the this thread to see more information and instructions on how to join - http://www.vgforums.co.uk/community/threads/join-user-group-mod.6449/

Best Single TV show Everrrrrrrr.

Discussion in 'Film & TV' started by WARIO, Nov 7, 2014.

1. As the thread title suggests.

Mine has to be The Sopranos. It was so well written, the black humour was superb and it really was the thinking mans Mob TV show.

2. Ooh good question. A few contenders for this. I'll have a think and let you know

3. The Wire for me followed closely by Breaking Bad in at third is Oz

4. There have been some great drama shows in recent years but looking back few can compare with the twisted and innovative comedy plot in Soap. Used to get to stay up late to watch it :)

5. TV show? Anything?

Only fools and horses.

Pure genius from begining to end.

• Like Like x 1
  6. +1

Oh and TOWIE too

7. I liked you when you said +1 and then you undid all your good work with the next comment :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. There's so many amazing shows to chose from. It's bloody hard to pick one, but I think I'd have to go with Oz.

9. Definitely Only Fools And Horses, followed by Chorlton and the Wheelies, followed by Trap Door

• Like Like x 1
  10. I'm sure some of you would really enjoy a holiday in Spain, Malaga for example where they have Only Fools playing 24 hours a day in the Bars.

11. What a classic.

I loves a bit of bonking!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Prison Break & Family Guy.

13. Cholton and the Wheelies :) That was some weird shit.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Game of thrones and walking dead are two recent contenders, more than breaking bad for me and i fucking love BB

15. Breaking Bad.

16. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. For you Waz

18. Only one person saying Breaking Bad really?

Without a doubt the best ever. Sopranos was before Walter came along.

Close third just now Orange is the new black and Wentworth Prison

19. Breaking Bad is wonderful. Series 3 and 4 especially peaked IMO. Didn't enjoy the fifth as much ... much more dark and disturbing.

Most of the shows being offered up here are fairly recent. Does this mean shows are better now, our memories of other shows have faded or we are generally to young to be nominating classics across the genres like the Sweeney, Cheers, Hill Street Blues or Minder? Discuss ...

20. I think it depends how you're classifying "Best TV Show" Sway.

If people are thinking about shows they've enjoyed watching the most over time then I would imagine they are either going to be episodic comedy programmes, or a series with a gripping and enjoyable story arc over multiple series.

Whilst episodic comedy has been round for years - and means people will cite anything from Only Fools and Horses to The Fast Show, I would argue that storytelling series' have improved dramatically in the last 10-15 years as well as our access to them, which is why people will focus on shows like Breaking Bad, Sopranos, Game of Thrones etc as the best examples of those.

Just what I think anyway.

• Thanks Thanks x 1