1. Come on then lets get a list of names down for who's got this so we can start partying up and get some private matched going. http://www.vgforums.co.uk/threads/cod-ww2-ps4-role-call.10312/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
New!! Join User Group option added. Head over the this thread to see more information and instructions on how to join - http://www.vgforums.co.uk/community/threads/join-user-group-mod.6449/

Battlefield: Hardline

Discussion in 'Battlefield' started by Boogaloo, May 27, 2014.

1. Long rumoured police themed spin-off a recent Battlelog update has resulted in assets including the logo to be obtained from EA servers.

[​IMG]

Original logo asset link... how long till EA removes it!?
    Code:
    http://eaassets-a.akamaihd.net/battlelog/bb/bfh/loggedout/bfh_logo-0cad73c0.png
    <a class="postlink" href="http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-05-27-new-battlefield-game-clues-spotted-in-battlelog-update-reports" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014- ... te-reports</a>

The Eurogamer article sources Twitter handle Battlefield Daily for the culmination of information including icons for emblems, weapons, attachments, equipment, vehicles and the like.

As this is developing check your favourite source of Battlefield info for the eventual compilation.

Hype? :p

2. Looks like the real deal.. good find Booga. No screenshots but looks a bit Cartoony (maybe like Borderlands?!)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A Taser gun!
    [​IMG]

Weapon Unlocks
    [​IMG]

Vehicle Unlocks
    [​IMG]

Vehicles
    [​IMG]

Equipment
    [​IMG]

A late 2014 or early 2015 release maybe?

Larger image:
    [​IMG]

_Supvc8[/youtube]

#2 banzai, May 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2014
  3. Not sure what I think of this, EA really have a lot to do to convince people after Battlefield 4.

I am hoping with the current CTE initiative they will allow players to do some real testing this time and they do not release such a broken game.

I reckon reveal at E3, some Battlefield youtubers were invited by EA to an event recently and a late October early November release to beat COD.

4. Not getting my hopes up for this. The grappeling hook is intriguing though.

5. I think Bush said it best ...
    [/youtube]

#5 Andy_XCite, May 27, 2014
  6. Something different? Hope so.

7. I think it's going to be Battlefield in name only.

8. Let's hope so eh?

9. Looks like a free to play type of game to me

10. Watch before it gets taken down.
    [/youtube]

#10 Andy_XCite, May 28, 2014
  11. Battlefield:Cops and Robbers.

Let's combine shooting with GTA and Need For Speed and Battlefield with the stupidity of recent CoD's and a bit of Sleeping Dogs with Homefront and Die Hard and a token black guy.

Big lolz! I've not touched BF4 for a while now.

12. I couldn't care less about the single player, but if you put aside that it's supposed to be a Battlefield game, the multiplayer actually looks quite good. The car chases do nothing for me, but being able to grapple upto/repel down from any raised area could be awesome.

13. What happened to we are not working on anymore projects until bf4 was sorted... erm has some body been telling porkys again

14. Different developers for both games ea digital illusions is in charge of bf4 and Visceral Games is in charge of this one.

Looks like similar swing shifts that cod has with mw and blops titles. maybe this change is to do with a 3 year cycle for cod games. I haven't played bf4 but if that is anything to go by with what people say doesn't sound like this is a good thing.

15. I read that after posting lol

16. I hope its somewhat similar to the Rainbow Six games, liked them I did (especially the terrorist hunts).

17. think you would learn.. you had that same problem that one time you mistook glue for lube :hsfu: ;)

18. It seems that DICE LA are working on the multiplayer for the game. Confirmed/leaked by a QA working for EA, who has now been fired.

19. Well that's just great...EA need all the QA staff that they can get :)

20. Re: Battlefield 4 - Part 3

Battlefield Hardline Coming This Fall - EA News

BATTLEFIELD HARDLINE COMING THIS FALL
    On behalf of everyone at EA and Visceral Games, I’m fired up to confirm our next project –Battlefield Hardline. The game launches this fall and it’s a brand new series in the Battlefield franchise, set against the backdrop of a genre we all love – the war on crime and the battle between cops and criminals.

Several years ago, I was at an internal EA meeting in Barcelona with creative leaders from across the company. It was there I met Karl Magnus Troedsson, the GM of DICE, for the first time, and we immediately began talking about games – I’ve always loved Battlefield and KM was a huge fan of Dead Space, which I was working on at the time. We started talking about different ways we could work together, different ways we could take Battlefield and action games in a new direction. It was then that this project that became Battlefield Hardline was born.

There’s been a lot of buzz today about Battlefield Hardline – we’re getting ready for E3 and fans found some details on our website about what we’re working on for the show. We’ve been reading all of your comments and we’re excited to be going into more detail soon on the ways we’re adding new twists and turns to the foundation of Battlefield multiplayer and more about how we’re bringing our strengths at Visceral to single player.

I hope you’ll join us for the official world premiere on June 9 at Noon PDT, and sign up for updates on the new game at our web site battlefield hardline.

[​IMG]