1. Come on then lets get a list of names down for who's got this so we can start partying up and get some private matched going. http://www.vgforums.co.uk/threads/cod-ww2-ps4-role-call.10312/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
New!! Join User Group option added. Head over the this thread to see more information and instructions on how to join - http://www.vgforums.co.uk/community/threads/join-user-group-mod.6449/

Battlefield 4 - Part 1

Discussion in 'Battlefield' started by WolfCarnage, Feb 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Now been officially announced on the EA blog that it will make its appearance on the next gen consoles. So that means the PS4 and the Xbox 720. With innovative new technology and I'd assume a Frostbite 3 engine.

Hope they don't forget the Wii U this time.

This is from the IGN website

In the shock move of the century, EA has confirmed that Battlefield 4 will be released on the next-generation of consoles.

Taking to the EA Blog to react to recent layoffs at the company, EA Labels President Frank Gibeau revealed that the game has already been shown off behind closed doors, suggesting a full blown reveal may not be far away.

"We’ve been investing and innovating on new technology for months," he wrote. "Console partners who have seen our early work agree, EA’s next-gen software is nothing short of astonishing.

"At a GameStop company meeting earlier this week, we gave 500 store managers a sneak peak [sic] at Battlefield 4. The game received a huge ovation and thousands of fans reacted to a single enthusiastic Tweet by GameStop’s CEO."

It was revealed in January that a new Battlefield title will release "next year", though EA has stated that the series isn't becoming annualised at this time. Presumably an official reveal of the game can't be far off now; as it stands, all we know is that Battlefield 4 will stay in the modern setting.

2. Re: Battlefield 4

Here's hoping for 64 player support on PS4.

3. Re: Battlefield 4

How could it not have? With the processing power that it'll flex we should see some pretty decent sized games.

4. Re: Battlefield 4

Has to be 60fps for me. Hopefully it will be with the specs.

5. Re: Battlefield 4

I've never been too concerned about the big fps argument. I think they can run these games perfectly well at lower rates.

I'll be more interested in the quality of the maps and player detail. Movement etc.

6. Re: Battlefield 4

Big servers is were it counts for me they have no excuse not to have 100s on each side.

7. Re: Battlefield 4

The only thing I dislike about bf on console is it feels sluggish and not fluid, surely that's down to it being 30fps and under.

8. Re: Battlefield 4

I seriously doubt BF will run at 60FPS on the next gen console going on games in the series. Not that it can't if the engine's optimised for the platform, just that they don't need it too so won't bother.

9. Re: Battlefield 4

Reports I've heard is that BF3 only utilises 40% of the Frostbite 2 engine and therefore DICE are unlkely to be developing Frostbite 3 for the PS4. I'd assume that BF4 would be still using FB2 and that the PS4 and 720 versions will be the same as the PC? Hopefully we'll all have at least 64 player maps too and little between the platforms in terms of look, feel and performance.

Not fussed about 60fps, 3D or 4k visuals, I just want to have a solid game on the PS4 and not feel it's been comprimised against the other platforms.

10. Re: Battlefield 4

Agreed. I'm just after a solid game, with good destruction levels, and a decent player count.

Let's hope DICE deliver.

11. Re: Battlefield 4

....and working comms from the off....

12. Re: Battlefield 4

Wh........a a a a a t t t t t t. ?

13. Re: Battlefield 4

Working comms? Now there's a novel idea.

Took 4 months to sort last time, if I remember right. Most of which time DICE spent denying there was a problem. Sheesh.

14. Re: Battlefield 4

Didn't EA say that it was a problem that they couldn't fix at one point?

One things for sure, people expectations are going to be huge. I'll be expecting to be saying "did you see that add for BF4? Wow" and then not be disappointed that I was watching PC footage.

15. Re: Battlefield 4

I think you're right. Stupid response, really. What I couldn't believe is that the voip was broken in the beta, and then just as bad/worse on release.

16. Re: Battlefield 4

According to this article, EA say that the PS4 is "between 8 & 10 times the power of current generation.”, that "Things that took months now take days to do, games are running flawlessly at 1080p and 60 FPS, and the increase in cost is just 5 – 10% per game" and that BF4 is looking amazing.

17. Re: Battlefield 4

Hope it's a launch title.

18. Re: Battlefield 4

I only get this issue when there are huge amounts of stuff going on at once, like a tank battle in the middle of crumbling buildings. Or too many choppers all in one sir space. The new one can only be smoother than butter surely.

19. Re: Battlefield 4

its gonna be interesting to see what the difference will be between bf4 on ps4 and pc. obviously at the mo pc has more players, bigger maps, more flags etc so would have thought theres a limit to how big they want to make the maps, and how many flags there are etc so what will separate pc and ps4 other graphics - which should be closer going on sonys hardware spec.

20. Re: Battlefield 4

Daft question, but when are they releasing BF4 now? They've shown a working version to a select group of American retailers (I can't remember the source) so will this be a luanch title or follow on next Spring? Remember them talking about release this year but with the PS4 releasing Q4 holiday season, surely this is going to be close to the PS4 launch date?

It's looking all good though, both Killzone and Battlefield franchising releasing titles to play on my shiny new PS4 :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.