1. Come on then lets get a list of names down for who's got this so we can start partying up and get some private matched going. http://www.vgforums.co.uk/threads/cod-ww2-ps4-role-call.10312/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
New!! Join User Group option added. Head over the this thread to see more information and instructions on how to join - http://www.vgforums.co.uk/community/threads/join-user-group-mod.6449/

Android Lollipop

Discussion in 'Gadgets/Tech' started by Realale, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Got this last night on my Nexus 7, looks pretty cool. Everything seems very slick and intuitive, no major changes that I can see but it seems to work well. Just need Sky to pull their finger out and get Sky Go to work with it now.

2. How did you get it Ale? Not getting an auto download on my Nexus 7 and if i do a manual search it says it's up to date.

3. It told me there was a system update available, is yours wifi or 3g?

4. Should be about very soon then mate, I didn't go looking for it

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Got an OTA update to 5.0.2 last week or so on my Nexus 7 (2012) running stock (albeit tweaked from xda, with what I don't know) but have yet to install.

I assume to get the best performance (on ageing hardware) it'd be best to clear everything after the install.

Then again all this is over my head. :p

UPDATE

OTA Update didn't work so ended up doing a (I think) clean install, looks nice with the "material" style but after a week things end up running really sluggish - bit of time to start up apps and pull the list of running apps.

Might have to do with also running Google Now Launcher as having Battery Saving Mode on and cutting all the fancy animations makes it run nice and quick like before.

Then again it could all boil down to running Lollipop on ageing hardware.

#6 Boogaloo, Jan 17, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  6. I received an OTA update to Lollipop 5.1 a week or so ago for my Nexus 7 (2012) and it's made a whole world of difference.

Tablet is back to being fast and snappy between apps like when it was running KitKat bar from a few moments when switching orientation. This is from an update and not clearing the cache or anything after.

If anyone has an old Nexus 7 and was getting annoyed from the sluggish performance from 5.0.2 be sure to update to 5.1 to see if that alleviates things, from a quick look online results may vary and apparently 5.1 overall introduces new issues. As a light user I have yet to notice any...

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  7. Not had that yet for my 2013 Nexus

8. 5.1 received for Nexus 6 yesterday. Did it today and caused me issues with voda. Seems to be better now though and much faster